Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Peaches for me!!

Yes, I learned to can yesterday!! I had a lot of fun canning peaches yesterday. I decided that since I can hardly eat store bought canned peaches (since my mom spoiled me with home canned peaches), I had better learn how to can them myself. So, that was my day yesterday. I spent from 2-11pm canning. My sister Becca and my sister-in-law Jannae helped off and on between taking care of kids. It was a lot of fun and I'm so excited to have yummy peaches this winter!! I'm going to try rasberry jam next week, so wish me luck!



3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness... I'm going to have to learn how to can peaches too someday! It's great that you've updated your blog... it's so much fun to see what you guys are up to!

Kris King said...

wow Katie you are so domestic......I need to get Brad to can us some peaches too!

Kim said...

They are beautiful. And though it is a sin, I am envious of your peaches. -Kim Fielding