Friday, September 12, 2008

Mmmmm Berries




This Tuesday my sister Becca and I (and Mae, her baby) went berry picking. We mostly picked raspberries, but we also picked some blackberries. I decided that since the peaches were a success, I would try jam; which was MUCH faster and quite yummy. There's not much better than homemade raspberry jam. Don't worry, I also ate some on vanilla ice cream and have some frozen to use in other recipes too! Someday I will have my own raspberry bushes!!




The blackberries where huge! They had a ton coming on, so I may go back and pick more for blackberry jam. mmmmmm.

2 comments:

Becca said...

thanks for the picts kate! I have a link here from my blog so people can see the "fruit" of our labors (ha ha ha)

Nikki said...

Katie you're making me hungry! I can't wait till we're in our new place and I can have my own kitchen again! congrats on graduating by the way!