Monday, April 21, 2008

The Remodel

This is the basement kitchen where Jason and I will be living before we started. Where I am standing to take the picture is the living room. Both rooms are being redone. We ripped down the wood paneling, rewired it and added new outlets, framed several walls, and are now preparing to sheet rock, texture, and paint the two rooms. We will also be putting in new lenolium and carpet.
This is the same kitchen during the demolishing stage!! I will be sure to add the final product when we are done. We've been spending lots of time working on the basement!
This is looking from the kitchen into the living rom, and into one of the bedrooms at the end. What a mess!!
Yes, this is me. I was wiring the can lights that we are putting in. Don't worry, the wires I was working on were not "hot", the one hanging there is on a different circuit. :)
The man who taught me how to do the wiring. Jason's dad was kind enough to come help us this past weekend. We spent two very full days working on the basement and got a lot accomplished. We appreciate all of his help.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Look at you! Wiring a house, remodeling a kitchen...what can't you do?

Kris said...

Wow - I am so impressed Katie! Look at you with a tool belt and all! I am impressed with how much you guys are doing- way to go!