Monday, April 21, 2008

Our New Home

Our Backyard (I meant to have this later in the post, but have had some technical difficulties, so here it is). We really like the patio and can't wait to have BBQ's this summer using the big grill they left behind. They also left the trampoline and swing that the kids have been enjoying.

Jason and I decided that since we have a puppy now, we should probably have somewhere for it to live. So, we decided to buy a house. Well, it didn't quite go like that, but we did buy a home. It is a home that has an up/down duplex. We bought it with Jannae and Victor (Jason's sister and brother in-law) and are very excited. It is in Orem and is in a great neighborhood about 10 minutes from where we live now in Provo. There are three bedrooms upstairs and two downstairs, so Jason and I will be living downstairs since we only have one baby (Maya) and Jannae and Victor now have 3 (their two kids and new puppy as well). It is an older home and needs a few updates, but is well built. (the home would look a lot better without that little old Corolla in front of it, but oh well.)
This is the upstairs living room. It has a beautiful wood floor that was just refinished.
One of the bedrooms upstairs...sorry, I thought it was flipped.



3 comments:

Kat and Steve said...

How exciting! I was actually wondering if you had done this, since you probably can't have a dog at your apartment. I really want to see the finished product, so keep us posted!

Katie L said...

Hey Katie! I was blog hopping and found your page- This is Katie Andersen from CV. We played soccer together and went to seminary together...among other things-hahah. I hope you remember me. Would it be ok if I add you to my friend's list?

Yay for the new house! It sounds great!! I'm still living an apartment life, but I've got big plans for whenever we buy our first home!!! Take care, and feel free to check out my blog too!!!

Kris King said...

Congratulations on your new home....when can we come and visit??? Brad & Kris