Monday, November 14, 2011

Braden Robert Scott



The past two months have been the most wonderful, hard, and amazing months of my life!! Braden Robert Scott joined our family on September 16, 2011. He weighed 6 lbs 11 oz and was 21 inches long. He was born two days past his due date and was absolutely perfect!

I love his fuzzy hair in this picture...it was after his first bath in the hospital. As you can see, from day one he has been a very alert baby.

Braden and Daddy just hours after birth. It was so fun to see Jason with Braden. He was a natural and I didn't have to change one diaper in the hospital!

Mom, Braden and Grandma King. He had a bit of a cone head, but it resolved quite quickly. He is so precious and such a sweet little guy.

Braden was born at the UCLA Santa Monica hospital, where we had a really great experience. Most of the reason was because of this wonderful woman. Meg was my nurse the day Braden was born and she was amazing! Overall my delivery went well. I was admitted to the hospital on Thursday night around 6:00 to be induced since my body was not showing signs of labor at all. They gave me a medication to help prepare my cervix. That had to be in 12 hours before they could actually start the induction with pitocin. However, over night the medication really kicked in and it helped my contractions become more frequent and intense. Braden was still very high up and hadn't descended at all, but they decided to start the pitocin anyway and see if it would help bring him down. Well, apparently I don't need much pitocin at all because they gave me 1 unit, which is the smallest amount possible and I went from being dilated to a 2 to a 9 in one hour!! After that, things wen fairly fast and Braden was born at 2:18 in the afternoon. I feel like all in all it was a good experience for a first baby. He is worth the wait and all the discomforts of pregnancy and labor for sure!!

6 comments:

lamack said...

Soooo cute! I bet you guys are just eating that little boy up. The first few weeks of having a new baby are pretty tough. It's pretty hard with no sleep! But it gets better!!! :) He is so adorable and I am so excited for you guys. And his conehead was not bad at all! You should have seen Drew's it was a sideways conehead! I've never seen one before or since. Good thing he grew out of it! Glad to see an update!

Joe N' Jess said...

I am so glad that you blogged! I have been waiting to read this post! We are SO excited to have Braden in the family! He is SO precious and we can't wait to meet him!

Unknown said...

Hooray! He is so cute! Glad you are surviving! Hope he is sleeping enough at night for you! Love you guys!

Kat and Steve said...

Katie, I am so happy for you! He is just wonderful. So glad everything went well. Post more pictures soon...in all your spare time ;)

Krista said...

Congrats. He is gorgeous and glad all went well with delivery.

Cheryl said...

Yay! It is fun to see pictures! It was great to talk to you the other day. Good luck with everything. We miss you guys!