Friday, May 14, 2010

Our Escapes

Since my last post, things have been rather busy for us. Jason's been super busy with his classes, research, and leadership positions (which have him flying all over the country!). I've also been pretty busy with work and required educational classes. So, it seems like we haven't seen each other a whole lot until the past week or so. We decided since it's been kinda crazy, a little "vacation" might help us make it through this quarter. So Wednesday afternoon, we escaped L.A. and headed down to Anaheim to do a little R&R. We were lucky to be able to use my parents condos for a night and way lucky to have free passes to Disneyland from some friends! I really think everyone needs to take a few days at Disneyland to remind them how to be a kid again!!

Here we are with one of our favorites, Goofy! When we saw Goofy, I got a glimpse of what Jason must have been like as a kid. Jason says if he were to work at Disneyland, he would for sure be Goofy!

Outside one of our favorite rides... Indian Jones!

This band of pirates was awesome!! They were pretty funny and had some great pirate jokes as well. Can you imagine being a pirate as your career? I'm so jealous!!

Last weekend we took another escape with our friends Kirk and Cheryl. We hiked Timber Mountain, near Mount Baldy in the Angeles National Forest. It was kind of a steep hike, but really pretty. As you can see, there were patches of snow, but it was melting quickly with the sunny weather. We're glad to have friends here who like the outdoors too!

4 comments:

Joe N' Jess said...

That's so Fun that you were able to just escape for a little while and just be a couple again! I am so jealous! I wanna go hiking! You two are so awesome and we miss you SO much!

Kris said...

How fun for you guys! I'm so jealous and wish we could have gone to Disneyland with you guys! Glad you're finding a little R&R here and there.

Emily said...

Disneyland looks soo fun! I can't wait to see you guys and go there with you in August!

Amy said...

Katie!! I don't know if you remember me but this is Amy Curtis from UVRMC. I found your blog from a good friend of mine from high school, Cheryl. Crazy small world. I saw a picture of you guys on her blog and I was like, "I know that girl!". I hope Cali is treating you well. what a cute garden! good luck with it.