Saturday, March 20, 2010

A Little Shake

This past week Jason and I became true California residents- we felt our first earthquake. I was sleeping and poor Jason was studying at 4:00am Monday when the earthquake hit. My bed rocking and the shower doors rattling woke me up. By the time I came to and got up, it was over. Jason didn't feel it as much on the couch, and so we were both a little unsure if it was an earthquake, due to our groggy state of mind. But sure enough when we turned on the news later that day, a 4.4 earthquake had hit the LA area. I was very grateful that it wasn't any larger, in fact, it was kind of a good thing for me. How you say? Well, it fixed a little maintenance problem that has been annoying me. Our bedroom door hasn't been latching for some time now and Jason hasn't had time to look at it and I don't want to call maintenance about such a small thing. But, it really bugs me. However, after our little rumble the other day, the door shuts like a beauty!! Who new earthquakes could actually be in your favor? Hopefully this is the largest one we feel while we are here. Unfortunately, LA is due for a bigger one any time now! :(

2 comments:

Joe N' Jess said...

YAY! You are blogging again! I remember the first one that Joe and I felt while living there, it's a funny story, but that is so funny that it fixed your door! Its the little things that bug me too, and with this new apartment, every time the maintenance guy comes, I bring up everything, haha! Glad you guys are okay!

Deborah said...

Wow, crazy! I still have never felt an earth quake. Glad it could be a small blessing for you!