Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fall is here...right?

So, like I've said before, California is different. That's the best way to put it. We are still enjoying the beautiful beaches that are so close and the warm weather is a definite plus. However, Jason and I are both missing that fall feel. The cool crisp air, the leaves vibrant with color, and the excitement of college football- especially BYU football. So, to make it feel more like fall, I have been making some of my favorite fall foods. The other night I made some yummy potato soup and homemade rolls. I think I will make some pumpkin cookies this weekend too. Mmm mmmmm.
It made a huge pot, so we have been eating lots of left overs!! I should've fed the other poor dental students. ;)

I love adding pictures of my hubby. Poor guy is always starving when he gets home from school. I guess he needs a lot of energy to feed that big brain of his while he studies!! :)

5 comments:

Natalie said...

hey katie, good to hear from you. Yes, I'm still working 2-3 18L's a month. You guys look like you're doing great! How has having your hsband in dental school been for you? Are you working?
Take care, Natalie

Whitehead Family Fun said...

Glad to see you guys are getting settled. If you need a little fall lovin come visit me :) Jared might have a conference in LA in March, I'll have to see what plane tickets would cost. Are you going to be working or do you get to stay home (which is always nice). Hope all is well.

becca said...

You can make some of that when you get here next week! :) YUM!

Mirjam and Erik said...

your soup and rolls look soooo YUMMY!! I know what you mean about Jason being starving after school...1/2 the time dinner isn't ready when he gets home so the wait is even longer! :) Miss you guys! hope we can see you in December.

AMIT said...

Can you tell me which dish is this?Seems really yummy.

Make website india