Thursday, March 17, 2011

How Blessed We Are

These past few months have been so exciting and amazing. Jason and I found out January 12th that we are pregnant with our first baby, due September 14th! Most of our family has known, but we now feel it's a good time to share the news with everyone else. My heart has been so full and I have felt so blessed, that I want to take a few minutes to write about it.

As I have pondered over this great blessing, I have come to really know and believe that each and every life that is created really is a miracle. After trying to conceive for nearly three years, we feel as though this new little life truly is a miracle for our family. Although I don't want to dwell on the challenges of having a hard time conceiving, I do want to say that it has definitely been a test of faith and trust in the Lord and His time table. After countless prayers and many fasts, and in the Lord's own time, he has blessed us with the wonderful opportunity to become parents. Even though it seemed to us like a long time to wait, I know there are those who wait much longer. Sometimes beyond this life. My level of love and compassion has grown immensely for these couples. I have also learned once again, that Heavenly Father really is the master creator and that things happen in His time for reasons often unknown to us. However, it is clear to me many of the blessings that have come from having faith in His time table for Jason and I. One of these being the amazing 5 years that Jason and I will have had together as a couple. We have been able to do so many things together and learn so much in that time. In fact, at times I find myself being a little sad that this time with just the two of us is almost over. But that feeling doesn't last long. Especially when I think of what a great dad Jason is going to be. I am so blessed to have a husband who can't wait to be a dad and who looks forward to playing with and teaching his children. I am very excited for this new stage in life!! We truly have been blessed.

16 comments:

The Smith's Fridge Door said...

Congratulations!! I'm so excited for the two of you and I know that you will be an amazing mother! :)

lamack said...

Oh my cow! I am so excited for you guys! You guys are going to be the best parents. Congratulations!!

Joe N' Jess said...

YAY! We are so excited for you two!! Congratulations! We can't wait to meet this new addition to the family!!

Nikki said...

congrats to both of you, you're going to be great parents!

Kat and Steve said...

Katie, I am SO happy for you guys I can't even stand it!!! I've been wishing this for you guys for a long time. What a miracle. And what a lucky baby this will be to have such wonderful parents.

How are you feeling and when are you due?

And YES, we would love to see you when you come to town this summer. Just let me know!

Krista said...

Katie, I'm soo happy for you both. You will be the best parents and let me just say...its totally worth the wait!

Cheryl said...

Still so excited for you! Hope you get feeling better soon!

Jenna said...

That is so wonderful! We are so excited for you guys. You will be such great parents.

Lisa said...

Congratulations! It really IS a miracle to be able to bring life into the world! You are going to love it! :) Good luck with your pregnancy and I hope it's a smooth and easy ride!

Nicole Lloyd said...

We are so excited for you! You are going to be such an amazing mom! I hope we get to see you sometime soon!

Whitehead Family Fun said...

I'm so, so, so very excited for you guys. I need to call and chat again it's been way too long. Congrats again!!!

Unknown said...

AWESOME!!! We are soooo excited for you!!!!

Kris said...

What a great post, darling. You have such a good perspective on life, faith and the Lord's time table. What a great example you are to me! So excited for you guys!

Deidre said...

Congratulations. You guys will be amazing parents. I love the reflections and feelings you recorded here. I will always fondly remember the nice VT chats we had in Wymount. Your home was always so peaceful.

Emily said...

Congrats Katie, Can't wait for your little one to come!

Karie said...

Congratulations Katie and Jason! That is so exciting! I hope you're feeling well Katie. You two will be terrific parents!