Monday, January 4, 2010

Oh What Fun!!

I know it's only January, but I figured I would enjoy a Valentine background for a little while before that holiday flies by...like Christmas did!! Although it seemed to fly by much to fast, we had such a great time in Washington!! It was so nice to have a long break and to be with so much family. Here are just a few of the highlights from our trip.

-Visiting Emily and Ryan's home in Seattle for the first time
-Playing with Maya...thanks to Falycia and Kirk- you guys are great for bringing her!!
-A girls day out (plus Jason) at the Olive Garden and The Nutcracker
-Caroling with my sister Amelia and her family
-Spokane Discount (one of Spokane's best kept secrets...being so great, it must not be a secret anymore)
-More shopping
-A wonderful Christmas and New Years with several family parties
-Family Flag Football with minimal injuries and lots of fun
-Games, Games, and more Games
-Oh, and lots of partaking of delicious holiday treats!!

We really did have a great time. We also loved getting a taste of winter. We miss being able to cozy up next to the Christmas tree and enjoy the lights and having everyone around. Here's a few random pictures from our trip.

Jason and Brandon at Pike Place Market in Seattle.
Maya being lazy and spoiled on the bed...where she got to sleep every night.
Amy, Sarah, Peggy, Becca, Lori, and I on Christmas Eve. Peggy taught us how to make her mom's yummy fudge!!
Me and my bro.
Our fun girls night out at The Olive Garden and the Ballet! (Jason felt a little out of place, but there was an extra ticket that couldn't go to waste!!) It was my first time seeing the nutcracker and it was awesome! Thanks Mom!!
Our little Christmas Baby!! Mae loves Elmo, so I couldn't really pass up this little Christmas dress at Spokane discount...especially for 2 bucks! She's just so darn cute and so fun too!!
Some of our cute and maybe a little crazy nieces and nephews.
Beth and Avery at the Christmas party!!

4 comments:

Kris said...

Ok, first of all, I"m so jealous! I wish we could have been up there too for the holidays. Second of all, I'm so jealous because you got to go to Spokane Discount! Third of all, I LOVE that picture of you and David. Very sweet. And fourth of all, how did you limit yourself to that little amount of pictures when you did so much? Glad you had so much fun and hope getting back to the grind of life in CA goes well, too. :-) Love you and miss you terribly!

Whitehead Family Fun said...

Looks like the holidays were great. How is Jason liking school? Are you working now? Hope all goes well for the new year.

Nate said...

How fun kate! I did not know about the girls night out! That looks so fun! I'm definitely jealous. It's great to see the pictures - thanks!
-Deborah

Emily said...

I guess I haven't seen your blog since christmas! We were glad you guys got to come see us. Jason was nice to carry that huge hubalub on his shoulders!